Information is Wealth An organized collection of data Maybe one day we'll find the place where our dreams and reality collide Stay Connected Your Search ends here !
Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Durham: the players of England and Australia rejected claims Wednesday that bats may have changed during the ashes series, to avoid detection by infrared cameras, while cricket chiefs sought to reassure them about the quality of the technology.


The International Cricket Council has sent a senior official on the eve of the fourth test at Durham address player concerns in the review of the decision after several controversial calls in the ashes.

Kevin Pietersen cannot believe he was given out in the third Test. APKevin Pietersen can't believe he got in the third test AP


The ICC, although until the answer claim Australian broadcaster channel nine that Silicon Ribbon is attached to the edges of the bats "fool" DRS.


The system uses a thermal imaging camera hot spot for inclusion of the third judge on the decision at the request of the referees on the field or on the field.


Allegations that players were trying to trick the DRS enraged both teams.


"My name, in a crisis hotspot, assuming I use silicon to prevent Nicks Showing! Such a hurtful lies, "England batsman Kevin Pietersen wrote on Twitter.


In one of several controversial decisions DRS caught during the third test-even though the hot spot indicated that he did not hit the ball, Pietersen has been issued.


"I was never afraid to go! If I Nick, I'll walk, "Pietersen tweeted. "That I cheat, covering my bat with Silicon infuriates me. How foolish I'd try & hide Nick, when he could have saved me to appeal the LBW as the 1 St innings where hotspot showed that I nicked it. "


Australia Captain Michael Clarke dismissed the accusations as "pretty funny."


"I can tell you that there is not one person in Australia who is the fraud," Clark was quoted as saying by Australian media. "This is not what we play. I know that nobody is going to extreme saying ' put this on your bat, because it will help you beat the hot spot '.


"I don't know that there is such a thing that you could do to hide nicking the ball on a hot spot. I don't think it will make any difference. I've never heard of anyone doing it. "


The ICC also categorically rejected the claim that they are investigating the players. "These media reports are absolutely untrue, David Richardson, the ICC's Chief Executive, said."Geoff Allardice meeting with both teams and the umpires, to see how we can best use the DRS and available technology, go ahead in the next two matches. It has nothing to do with any of the players. "


England retained the ashes after the third test was abandoned in a draw on Monday, leaving the hosts with a 2-0 lead with two tests remaining in the series.


The ICC said the meeting with teams on Thursday would "solve their problems on the DRS and also to assure them that the ICC is doing everything within its power and resources to improve the performance of DRS.

0 comments:

Post a Comment